National parks to offer healthier food options
You might find less junk food on the menu the next time you visit a national park.
Parks like Yosemite will offer more healthy options this summer.
That includes whole meals that contain fewer than 600 calories along with locally grown items at many parks.
The changes fall in line with first lady Michelle Obama's movement for America to eat healthier food.
National park snack bars and restaurants serve 23.5 million visitors each year.
yosemite, michelle obama, food, restaurants, fitness, obesity, national/world
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 16 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 5 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos