Survey: 76 percent of Americans living paycheck to paycheck
A new survey by Bankrate.com says roughly 76 percent of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck with almost no emergency savings.
Only 24 percent of those surveyed have enough savings to cover six months of expenses.
Half of Americans have less than a three-month cushion in savings and 27 percent have no savings at all.
According to the survey, the savings rate of Americans has barely changed over the past three years.
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
2 min ago