Group to distribute checks to Boston Marathon bombing victims
BOSTON (KGO) -- Starting Sunday, checks will be distributed to help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Nearly $61 million will go to 232 individuals and families.
The money was raised by "The One Fund," a group established to give financial assistance to those hurt in in the bombings.
Relatives of those who died in the attack as well as victims who suffered the most serious injuries will each receive about $2.2 million.
boston bombings, crime, bombing, national/world
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed