Group to distribute checks to Boston Marathon bombing victims
BOSTON (KGO) -- Starting Sunday, checks will be distributed to help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Nearly $61 million will go to 232 individuals and families.
The money was raised by "The One Fund," a group established to give financial assistance to those hurt in in the bombings.
Relatives of those who died in the attack as well as victims who suffered the most serious injuries will each receive about $2.2 million.
boston bombings, crime, bombing, national/world
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos