Group to distribute checks to Boston Marathon bombing victims
BOSTON (KGO) -- Starting Sunday, checks will be distributed to help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Nearly $61 million will go to 232 individuals and families.
The money was raised by "The One Fund," a group established to give financial assistance to those hurt in in the bombings.
Relatives of those who died in the attack as well as victims who suffered the most serious injuries will each receive about $2.2 million.
boston bombings, crime, bombing, national/world
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case