Police under fire for arresting woman having diabetic attack
NEW MEXICO (KGO) -- Shocking new video reveals sheriff's deputies throwing a woman to the ground while she was suffering a severe diabetic attack.
Revina Garcia suffered the attack while driving, after she crashed into the back of a truck and couldn't open her car door.
Deputies arrived and believing Garcia was drunk, yanked her out of the car and threw her to the ground where she was left for more than a minute.
Paramedics finally arrived and treated the diabetic episode.
Garcia says she was surprised she didn't go into a coma.
The sheriff there says they are reviewing the incident.
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos