Police under fire for arresting woman having diabetic attack
NEW MEXICO (KGO) -- Shocking new video reveals sheriff's deputies throwing a woman to the ground while she was suffering a severe diabetic attack.
Revina Garcia suffered the attack while driving, after she crashed into the back of a truck and couldn't open her car door.
Deputies arrived and believing Garcia was drunk, yanked her out of the car and threw her to the ground where she was left for more than a minute.
Paramedics finally arrived and treated the diabetic episode.
Garcia says she was surprised she didn't go into a coma.
The sheriff there says they are reviewing the incident.
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 18 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
18 min ago