Study examines health risks from lack of diapers
A new study shows that not having adequate diapers is a real health problem for babies and moms.
Yale researchers found nearly one in three low-income moms don't have enough diapers. Leaving a soiled diaper on too long can lead to urinary tract infections and serious diaper rashes. The lack of diapers also causes depression in moms.
A Bay Area-based non-profit called "Help a mother out" raises diaper donations for social service agencies.
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 16 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 49 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos