Landlord begins demolishing mountain on apartment roof
CHINA (KGO) -- The landlord who made a name for himself for building a mountain on the roof of his apartment building in China has started taking it down.
Crews started dismantling the private mountain peak Friday morning.
Chinese officials gave him 15 days to take down the project he spent six years building.
The property owner hauled rocks, trees and bushes to the top of his 26-floor apartment, located in bustling Beijing.
Government officials called his creation, outrageously illegal and cracked down on it after locals complained the landlord was getting special treatment.
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos