Landlord begins demolishing mountain on apartment roof
CHINA (KGO) -- The landlord who made a name for himself for building a mountain on the roof of his apartment building in China has started taking it down.
Crews started dismantling the private mountain peak Friday morning.
Chinese officials gave him 15 days to take down the project he spent six years building.
The property owner hauled rocks, trees and bushes to the top of his 26-floor apartment, located in bustling Beijing.
Government officials called his creation, outrageously illegal and cracked down on it after locals complained the landlord was getting special treatment.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case