Dress Kate Middleton wore sells out in two hours
LONDON (KGO) -- Call it the "Kate effect." It seems that everything that new royal mom Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton touches just flies off store shelves.
That includes the dress she wore for the first royal family portraits. The pink dress by British company Seraphine is very hard to find nowadays. It retails for just $79, but the designer who sells it ran out of stock in just two hours.
That comes less than a month after designer Jenny Packham's website crashed shortly after it was revealed she crafted the dress the Duchess wore when she exited the hospital after giving birth
"They know that if Katherine wears a dress, that dress is sold out before the day's out," royal photographer Arthur Edwards said.'
That applies to everything baby related she happens to be spotted with.
British moms are stocking up on the same jewel blue baby stroller that Kate is rumored to have bought for Prince George.
kate middleton, prince william, royals, celebrity births, fashion, london, pregnancy, children, national/world
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 19 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
19 min ago