Stranger leaves touching note for family with special needs child
CHINA GROVE, N.C. (KGO) -- A North Carolina family with a special needs child got a touching gift when an anonymous stranger paid for their dinner at a restaurant.
A ball of energy, Riley England at first glance seems like any other 8-year-old. But if you watch his behavior, it quickly becomes clear he's not. He was robbed of his speech at 18-months-old by a severe form of epilepsy.
Even the simplest of outings, say going out to dinner, becomes a task so arduous his family is sometimes forced to leave. Like last week at a pizza restaurant when Riley began having a tantrum.
Unable to calm him down, his mother Ashley was just about ready to leave when a waitress appeared.
"She says, 'I don't know if I can do this without crying, but you know your meal's been paid for and this is the note for you,'" Ashley said.
The note from a complete stranger simply reads, "God only gives special children to special people."
Ashley posted the note on Facebook along with a thank you message and it's now gone viral online.
children, disability, restaurants, facebook, national/world
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire