Good deed Dairy Queen teen gets invite from Warren Buffett
MINNEAPOLIS (KGO) -- Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the world and a major shareholder in Dairy Queen, personally called a 19-year-old DQ worker to praise him for doing the right thing.
Joey Prusak saw a visually-impaired man unknowingly drop $20 this week at the Dairy Queen in Hopkins, Minnesota. A woman behind the man quickly pocketed the cash, then claimed it was hers.
When the woman went up to the counter to order, Prusak refused to serve her unless she returned the money. When she refused, the young store manager went a step further.
"I told him, you dropped $20, I would like to give you $20 on behalf of myself and Dairy Queen to try and make things right," Prusak said. "They think what I did was so extremely nice when really all I was doing was the right thing to do."
The 19-year-old manager has received loads of praise since a customer's email to Dairy Queen about the incident was posted online.
Dairy Queen spokesperson Dean Peters told ABCNews.com that Buffett has requested that Prusak attend the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in May 2014 in Omaha, Neb., so that he can meet him.
"We're thrilled that Joey, one of our young managers in Hopkins, would do something like that, to go above and beyond to help out a customer like he did," Peters said. "We couldn't be more proud."
Peters said the company is "absolutely" working on a way to reward Prusak but aren't ready to make a public announcement yet.
Prusak has worked at the Hopkins Dairy Queen since he was fourteen and is trying to save money to go to school to study business management.
(ABC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report)
social media, internet, warren buffett, national/world
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 23 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos