Nat'l Zoo panda cam goes dark due to shutdown
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- One of the smallest and possibly cutest victims of the U.S. government shutdown is the giant baby panda in Washington D.C.
The Panda Cam at the Smithsonian National Zoo went offline Tuesday morning around 5:30.
Mama panda Mei Xiang could be seen cuddling the newborn before the camera went dark.
The zoo says the pandas will still be fed and well-cared for.
animal, animals in peril, pregnancy, endangered species, national/world
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Daly City man arrested for biting, punching parents 6 min ago
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday