Three sisters hold wedding on same day so dying mom can attend
GEORGIA (KGO) -- A special celebration that was held on Sunday is being marked by sadness today.
Sisters Jodie, Sarah and Kaylie Swales of Georgia decided to all get married at the same time and hold the ceremony on the same day so their mom could be there.
Becky Swales has cancer, but wanted to live to see her daughters walk down the aisle before she died.
"It's kind of bitter sweet because we're happy she's here, but we're sad because it's probably going to be the last big thing we do with her," Jodie said.
The ceremony went off without hitch, in large part because of the donations that poured in to help give the sister the wedding they had always dreamed of.
Sadly, Becky passed away on Monday, but not before her dream came true.
weddings, cancer, national/world
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 6 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 13 min ago
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 1 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 18 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos