West Point hosts first wedding between two men
WEST POINT, N.Y. -- Two graduates of West Point are the first men to marry each other at the military academy.
Larry Choate III married Daniel Lennox Saturday afternoon at the U.S. Military Academy's Cadet Chapel.
Both men are out of the Army and both wore tuxedoes for the ceremony. About 20 guests attended, some in uniform.
The 28-year-old Lennox is getting his master's degree in business administration at Harvard University. The 27-year-old Choate is applying to Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government.
West Point hosted two same-sex weddings of women in 2012, more than a year after New York legalized gay marriage. But Saturday's wedding was the first between two men at West Point.
Chaplain Cynthia Lindenmeyer officiated.
new york, military, lgbt, same sex marriage, weddings, national/world
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Jose police standoff ends with armed man 27 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide