Georgia man sets wife on fire at fuel pump
GEORGIA (KGO) -- A man in Georgia faces criminal charges for setting his wife on fire in a disturbing incident that was caught on camera.
Austin Dawkins, 37, was talking to his wife while pumping gas in Clarksville, Georgia last month, when he flicked his cigarette lighter.
The fuel vapor erupted, catching 30-year-old Jessica Dawkings on fire. She suffered second and third-degree burns over much of her body.
Joseph Dawkins was only treated for minor burns. He's now charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct.
fire, gas leak, caught on tape, national/world
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal 15 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire 13 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos