Obama thankful for founders, troops, freedoms
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says Americans have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
In a holiday edition of his weekend radio and Internet address, Obama gives thanks for the country's founders, the generations who followed, and members of the military, and their families, for the sacrifices they make.
He expresses gratitude for the freedoms service members defend, including speech, religion and the right to choose America's leaders.
He also has kind words for those who work to make America a more compassionate place.
Obama says Americans are greater together than they are alone. He says togetherness is what every day, including Thanksgiving, should be about.
In the Republican address, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham pays tribute to service members spending the holiday away from home, and their families.
barack obama, thanksgiving, afghanistan, military, army, air force, navy, marines, national/world
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 47 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 3 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos