Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
NEWTOWN, CT (KGO) -- Nearing the one-year anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, a mother of one of the young victims is sharing her personal loss in a very public way.
The mother of 6-year-old Emilie Parker created a YouTube video.
In it, she shares memories of Emilie and how the kindness of strangers, and her faith lifted up her family to do good after their loss and help others.
In all, 20 children and six adults were killed at the school before the gunman took his own life.
Alissa Parker entitled her video "Sandy Hook: Evil Did Not Win."
children, shooting, national/world
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 16 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 57 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 59 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
8 min ago