Prosecutors seeking time for teen in fatal DUI
FORT WORTH, Texas (KGO) -- Prosecutors in Texas are trying again to put a teenager in jail who was sentenced to 10 years probation after acknowledging he killed four people while driving drunk.
The county prosecutor is asking a juvenile judge to put 16-year-old Ethan Couch in jail on two cases of intoxication assault that he says are still pending in court.
Two teens riding in Couch's pick-up on the night of the deadly crash suffered critical injuries.
Couch's attorneys argued his wealthy parents coddled him into a sense of irresponsibility -- one expert witness called it "affluenza."
ABC News has also learned both of Couch's parents have arrest records, mostly for traffic offenses.
The Couch family still faces possible lawsuits in civil court.
DUI, alcohol, southern california, crime, national/world
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 25 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 23 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 5 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
22 min ago