Baby weighing 14 ounces goes home in time for Christmas
Connor Sorensen was the smallest baby ever born at a hospital in Florida.
Connor weighed just 14 ounces and was so small at birth that his dad could put his wedding ring around his tiny leg.
Now, he's finally home for the holidays after spending six months in intensive care.
"It's a Christmas miracle," mother Holly Sorenson said.
"We didn't even get a chance to wrap any other gifts. He's the main one under the tree this year," father Eric Sorenson said.
Holly and Eric spent eight years trying to conceive.
But once they did, complications forced a premature C-section at 24 weeks.
Doctors gave him a one in three chance of survival.
He underwent five intestinal surgeries and took countless medications.
holiday, children, national/world
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 40 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 29 min ago
- Report indicates Mission Bay fire was accidental
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications 44 min ago
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos