Fundraiser saves veteran's dog hit by snow plow
People from around the world have come together to save the life of an Iraq War veteran's dog.
Molly, a 3-year-old Australian shepherd, had four broken legs after being hit by a snow plow. Her veterinarian said it's a miracle she even survived.
Molly's owner is a veteran who couldn't afford to pay for surgery and recovery. She was nearly put down. When friends found out, they took to the internet, asking people to help "give a veteran something wonderful for Christmas."
People responded, raising $40,000.
Molly went into surgery on Saturday and it was a success. She is now undergoing physical therapy and will return home in two weeks.
Her owner said the show of compassion has changed his life.
animal, animals in peril, iraq war, veterans, national/world
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 4 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday