Stranger gets Obama Christmas gift by mistake
A package from the nation's first family is once again on the way to its intended recipient after it was sent to a stranger by mistake.
Alane Church was expecting a package for Christmas but it was delayed because of damages. Sunday, the present finally arrived, but included with her package was a photo album with pictures of Sasha and Malia Obama and the White House as a return address.
The gift tag was made out to "Mama Kaye and Papa Wellington" from "Barack, Michelle and the girls." Mama Kaye Wilson is Sasha and Malia's godmother.
"I really care about photographs and books and all that stuff, so I thought, she's going to really be missing not having this," Church said. "And I verified her address, and we want to get it to her ASAP."
Church says it was an honest mistake by the Post Office, and plans to send the package out on Thursday.
christmas, holiday, USPS, barack obama, michelle obama, national/world
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 13 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
10 min ago