3-year-old girl brain dead after root canal
HAWAII (KGO) -- A 3-year-old girl is on her death bed after suffering cardiac arrest during a dental procedure in Hawaii.
Finley Boyle was undergoing multiple root canals in early December when she stopped breathing. The lack of oxygen left her brain dead and she's been hospitalized struggling to breathe ever since.
Boyle's mother has now given up on a miracle and says her daughter has just two days to live. "We were all hoping. Even the doctors are in tears. They all have children too. We were all waiting for her to wake up," Ashley Boyle said.
Boyle's mother is suing the dentist for negligence. The lawsuit claims Finley was given five different sedatives and anesthetics, and the staff was not properly trained to monitor Finley's vital signs.
"Island Dentistry" has not commented on the lawsuit.
child death, children, lawsuit, national/world
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos