Fargo, ND is America's drunkest city
Fargo, North Dakota has earned a dubious distinction as the drunkest city in America.
The website Bustle.com crunched the numbers from a Centers for Disease Control study in 2011. They combined the percent of people surveyed who admitted to binge drinking with those who say they drank heavily within the past 30 days.
Fargo was at the top of the list with a combined 37 percent of the population.
Behind Fargo is Columbus, Nebraska followed by Missoula, Montana.
Overall, the United States is 53rd on the list of drunkest nations.
centers for disease control, national/world
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 23 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver 58 min ago
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
23 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos