South Carolina girl drags her grandad to safety
SOUTH CAROLINA (KGO) -- A 10-year-old South Carolina girl is being hailed a hero after pulling her grandfather from a pond he fell in after suffering a stroke. But that's not all.
Cara Jumper pulled her 230 pound grandfather Coy out of the water and practically carried him to the car a quarter mile away. She then got behind the wheel and drove three miles to her grandmother's house for help.
Cara doesn't consider herself a hero. She says her instincts just kicked in and she did what she had to do.
"I didn't think much at all I just jumped down in there and got him out," said Jumper.
Cara's grandpa spent six days recovering in the hospital and doctors discovered a small aneurysm.
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 9 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 28 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
28 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
9 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos