Winning $425 million Powerball ticket sold in Milpitas
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- California lottery officials say there was only one winning $425 million Powerball ticket and it was sold in Milpitas at Dixon Landing Chevron on California Circle.
UPDATE: Tonight's Powerball numbers are 01-17-35-49-54, Powerball: 34.
Two other California tickets matched five out of six numbers! One was sold in Modesto, the other in Southern California.
Worth $425 million, it's the sixth largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history. The cash value is still $227 million, the eighth biggest lump sum payout for any American lottery.
Nobody has hit Powerball's jackpot since the end of December.
The odds of winning are about one in 175 million.
One of the store clerks believes he might have been the guy who sold it. Store clerk Raj Winder Singh told us, "I was working for last 12 hours today and it was a long busy day, so I think so, I'm not sure."
"Two other lucky ticket holders here in California matched five out of six numbers, so they're going to get a big, nice fat check," said Russ Lopez from the California Lottery.
lottery, milpitas, national/world
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday