Winning $425 million Powerball ticket sold in Milpitas
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- California lottery officials say there was only one winning $425 million Powerball ticket and it was sold in Milpitas at Dixon Landing Chevron on California Circle.
UPDATE: Tonight's Powerball numbers are 01-17-35-49-54, Powerball: 34.
Two other California tickets matched five out of six numbers! One was sold in Modesto, the other in Southern California.
Worth $425 million, it's the sixth largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history. The cash value is still $227 million, the eighth biggest lump sum payout for any American lottery.
Nobody has hit Powerball's jackpot since the end of December.
The odds of winning are about one in 175 million.
One of the store clerks believes he might have been the guy who sold it. Store clerk Raj Winder Singh told us, "I was working for last 12 hours today and it was a long busy day, so I think so, I'm not sure."
"Two other lucky ticket holders here in California matched five out of six numbers, so they're going to get a big, nice fat check," said Russ Lopez from the California Lottery.
lottery, milpitas, national/world
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos