Illinois teenage girl with Down syndrome models for Wet Seal
It's a big week for a young woman from a small Illinois town.
The city of Collinsville proclaimed February 24 as "Karrie Brown Day."
The 17-year-old recently became the first model with Down syndrome to be hired by the California-based clothing store chain Wet Seal.
"One of the girls from corporate Wet Seal said 'where did she learn to do those modeling moves?' I said 'I have absolutely no idea,' they said, 'she's got a natural talent for it.'"
Brown got the gig with Wet Seal after her Facebook page received 11,000 likes in less than a week.
She can now be seen in a photo shoot in J-14 Magazine.
She'll also be walking the Red Carpet at the Pre-Oscar event in Los Angeles on Saturday.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 46 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week 15 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 27 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
42 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
46 min ago