Illinois teenage girl with Down syndrome models for Wet Seal
It's a big week for a young woman from a small Illinois town.
The city of Collinsville proclaimed February 24 as "Karrie Brown Day."
The 17-year-old recently became the first model with Down syndrome to be hired by the California-based clothing store chain Wet Seal.
"One of the girls from corporate Wet Seal said 'where did she learn to do those modeling moves?' I said 'I have absolutely no idea,' they said, 'she's got a natural talent for it.'"
Brown got the gig with Wet Seal after her Facebook page received 11,000 likes in less than a week.
She can now be seen in a photo shoot in J-14 Magazine.
She'll also be walking the Red Carpet at the Pre-Oscar event in Los Angeles on Saturday.
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 34 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
34 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos