Illinois teenage girl with Down syndrome models for Wet Seal
It's a big week for a young woman from a small Illinois town.
The city of Collinsville proclaimed February 24 as "Karrie Brown Day."
The 17-year-old recently became the first model with Down syndrome to be hired by the California-based clothing store chain Wet Seal.
"One of the girls from corporate Wet Seal said 'where did she learn to do those modeling moves?' I said 'I have absolutely no idea,' they said, 'she's got a natural talent for it.'"
Brown got the gig with Wet Seal after her Facebook page received 11,000 likes in less than a week.
She can now be seen in a photo shoot in J-14 Magazine.
She'll also be walking the Red Carpet at the Pre-Oscar event in Los Angeles on Saturday.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 57 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible 57 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 45 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
32 min ago