Huckabee speaks at S.F. Commonwealth event
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The major candidate with by far the smallest campaign war chest spoke to San Francisco's Commonwealth Club on Thursday.
Among other topics, Republican Mike Huckabee was asked about the war in Iraq. He said if elected, he would immediately call a summit of Persian Gulf nations, to demand that they ante up their multi-billion dollar pledge to help the U.S. rebuild Iraq.
Huckabee also warned the Baghdad government that under his watch, America won't let its infrastructure continue to crumble while we're rebuilding Iraq.
"We're financing a war for your benefit and you're not even helping pay for it. We're paying not just with dollars, but with the blood of American men and women and that day has got to come to an end and the day you're going to start paying for it starts on my first day as president," said Huckabee.
A Code Pink protestor who tried to interrupt Huckabee was hustled out of the auditorium, but Huckabee defended her right to free speech.
You can watch video of the entire event in the media player above.
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 51 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1 19 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 31 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 43 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos