Huckabee speaks at S.F. Commonwealth event
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The major candidate with by far the smallest campaign war chest spoke to San Francisco's Commonwealth Club on Thursday.
Among other topics, Republican Mike Huckabee was asked about the war in Iraq. He said if elected, he would immediately call a summit of Persian Gulf nations, to demand that they ante up their multi-billion dollar pledge to help the U.S. rebuild Iraq.
Huckabee also warned the Baghdad government that under his watch, America won't let its infrastructure continue to crumble while we're rebuilding Iraq.
"We're financing a war for your benefit and you're not even helping pay for it. We're paying not just with dollars, but with the blood of American men and women and that day has got to come to an end and the day you're going to start paying for it starts on my first day as president," said Huckabee.
A Code Pink protestor who tried to interrupt Huckabee was hustled out of the auditorium, but Huckabee defended her right to free speech.
You can watch video of the entire event in the media player above.
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 15 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 3 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 35 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
36 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY...
15 min ago