Palin tells Winfrey she prays for Levi
CHICAGO -- Sarah Palin says it's "a bit heartbreaking" to see the road the father of her grandson has taken.
Palin appeared on Monday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," saying Levi Johnston is on a road that is "not a healthy place to be."
Palin's 413-page book, "Going Rogue," will be released Tuesday and she begins a book tour Wednesday in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The new memoir doesn't contain any references to Johnston, who's sparred with his former mother-in-law-to-be.
The former Alaska governor and former Republican vice presidential candidate told Winfrey that Johnston has been busy with media tours and hasn't seen his son "for a while."
Palin also says she continues "to hope for the best and to pray for Levi."
oprah winfrey, sarah palin, politics
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday