Palin tells Winfrey she prays for Levi
CHICAGO -- Sarah Palin says it's "a bit heartbreaking" to see the road the father of her grandson has taken.
Palin appeared on Monday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," saying Levi Johnston is on a road that is "not a healthy place to be."
Palin's 413-page book, "Going Rogue," will be released Tuesday and she begins a book tour Wednesday in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The new memoir doesn't contain any references to Johnston, who's sparred with his former mother-in-law-to-be.
The former Alaska governor and former Republican vice presidential candidate told Winfrey that Johnston has been busy with media tours and hasn't seen his son "for a while."
Palin also says she continues "to hope for the best and to pray for Levi."
oprah winfrey, sarah palin, politics
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 50 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 28 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
13 min ago