President Obama gives himself a B plus grade
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, in an interview that aired Sunday, gave himself "a good solid B-plus" grade for his first year in office.
Speaking with fellow Chicagoan Oprah Winfrey, the president claimed progress on economic and international fronts.
Obama said the only thing that stands in the way of giving himself a better grade is the fact that some elements of his agenda -- health care reform and putting more Americans to work -- remain undone.
"The biggest burden on me right now is that economic growth has happened, but job growth has not happened," Obama told Winfrey on the ABC special.
On the plus side, Obama said, "We are on our way out of Iraq." And, he added, "I think we've got the best possible plan for Afghanistan."
barack obama, oprah winfrey, white house, politics
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- BART unions file lawsuit against transit agency
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos