California GOP to hold convention in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- The California Republican party is kicking off its weekend spring convention Friday night in Santa Clara.
It will showcase the party's slate of statewide candidates hoping to unseat Democrats in November.
Governor Schwarzenegger is not attending. GOP gubernatorial front runner Meg Whitman will speak at the opening banquet.
She will be introduced by longtime friend Mitt Romney. Whitman's opponent, Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, will speak at a dinner Saturday night.
U.S. senate candidates, former congressman Tom Campbell and former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, will speak at events Saturday.
republicans, carly fiorina, meg whitman, steve poizner, tom campbell, santa clara, politics
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 56 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday