California GOP to hold convention in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- The California Republican party is kicking off its weekend spring convention Friday night in Santa Clara.
It will showcase the party's slate of statewide candidates hoping to unseat Democrats in November.
Governor Schwarzenegger is not attending. GOP gubernatorial front runner Meg Whitman will speak at the opening banquet.
She will be introduced by longtime friend Mitt Romney. Whitman's opponent, Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, will speak at a dinner Saturday night.
U.S. senate candidates, former congressman Tom Campbell and former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, will speak at events Saturday.
republicans, carly fiorina, meg whitman, steve poizner, tom campbell, santa clara, politics
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge 58 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Martinez police treating brush fire as crime scene
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 49 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
51 min ago
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos