VP Biden visits Bay Area to support Boxer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the hottest races in the nation is the race for California's Senate seat. Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer is trying to keep Republican challenger Carly Fiorinia from taking her seat.
In the Bay Area, Boxer is getting a boost from Vice President Joe Biden, while Fiorina campaigned in Sacramento.
The political support is coming out daily. Now that the election is just two weeks away, the heavy hitters are making appearances in the Golden State and on Tuesday Biden came to visit.
Biden stood by fellow Democrat Boxer in Redwood City before the youngest of constituents. Third graders from Taft Elementary School got to meet the duo during an afterschool program for which Boxer helped secure funding.
With the election just two weeks away, the final push for backing is on. Biden is supporting Boxer and even attended a private fundraiser with the senator Tuesday night.
Meantime, in Sacramento, Fiorina stood before a group of women entrepreneurs hoping to get their support. The polls show Boxer leading Fiorina by just two points.
"Barbara Boxer has had a good long while to prove she's on the side of the people of California, in fact she has had 28 years to prove she's on the side of the people and she's failed that test," said Fiorina.
This past Saturday, Fiorina-backer U.S. Sen. John mcCain, R-Arizona, lashed out against Boxer while speaking at a rally for veterans. He called the long-time lawmaker someone who is not a friend of America's heroes and bitterly partisan.
Boxer's campaign manager Rose Kapolczynski responded saying, "No one is a more committed advocate for our veterans than Barbara Boxer... she's worked across party lines on important issues such as increasing access to afterschool programs and improving our infrastructure while creating thousands of jobs."
The Democrats' heaviest hitter of all is scheduled to visit the Bay Area this week. President Obama is coming to San Francisco Thursday and Friday to campaign for District Attorney Kamala Harris who is running for attorney general.
joe biden, barbara boxer, carly fiorina, politics, lisa amin gulezian
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 20 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos