Michael Bloomberg endorses Gavin Newsom
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom got a big endorsement Friday in his race for lieutenant governor -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The Gavin Newsom for Lieutenant Governor Campaign Friday announced a series of rallies at college campuses across California in the final days of the campaign.
Newsom was at UC Berkeley and received strong support from students.
Incumbent Lt. Gov. Abel Maldonado made stops in Yountville, Napa and Walnut Creek. He was at the Original Hickory Pit restaurant in Walnut Creek introducing himself to residents and talked to voters about job creation.
"The first thing I want to tell the people is to get out and vote; no matter what party you are it is important to get out and vote," he said.
election day, abel maldonado, gavin newsom, politics
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos