McNerney declares victory in 11th District race
East Bay Democrat Jerry McNerney declared victory Wednesday in the 11th Congressional District, but his Republican challenger has not conceded.
Wednesday's updated totals give McNerney a lead of just 1,685 votes over Republican David Harmer, but Harmer said in a statement there were still too many votes uncounted to know the true outcome.
There may not be a final tally in the race until after Thanksgiving.
jerry mcnerney, politics
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos