McNerney declares victory in 11th District race
East Bay Democrat Jerry McNerney declared victory Wednesday in the 11th Congressional District, but his Republican challenger has not conceded.
Wednesday's updated totals give McNerney a lead of just 1,685 votes over Republican David Harmer, but Harmer said in a statement there were still too many votes uncounted to know the true outcome.
There may not be a final tally in the race until after Thanksgiving.
jerry mcnerney, politics
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Market streets in SF 38 min ago
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Officials investigate cause of house fire
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches 18 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos