Pelosi hospitalized after feeling "slightly unwell"
ROME -- U.S. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi was briefly hospitalized Monday in Rome, an Italian news agency reported.
Pelosi, a former House speaker, had been scheduled to hold talks with Italian officials, including the defense minister, but the ANSA news agency said she was briefly hospitalized at Rome's Policlinico and then released.
ANSA said that the 70-year-old suffered a minor ailment and underwent tests before being released and going back to her Rome hotel. No further details were given.
The U.S. Embassy in Rome declined comment. Pelosi's office in Washington repeatedly refused requests Monday for information.
ANSA said that Pelosi might still attend an afternoon concert in the Italian parliament marking Italy's 150th anniversary as a united nation.
nancy pelosi, politics
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 4 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 11 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 51 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos