Pelosi hospitalized after feeling "slightly unwell"
ROME -- U.S. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi was briefly hospitalized Monday in Rome, an Italian news agency reported.
Pelosi, a former House speaker, had been scheduled to hold talks with Italian officials, including the defense minister, but the ANSA news agency said she was briefly hospitalized at Rome's Policlinico and then released.
ANSA said that the 70-year-old suffered a minor ailment and underwent tests before being released and going back to her Rome hotel. No further details were given.
The U.S. Embassy in Rome declined comment. Pelosi's office in Washington repeatedly refused requests Monday for information.
ANSA said that Pelosi might still attend an afternoon concert in the Italian parliament marking Italy's 150th anniversary as a united nation.
nancy pelosi, politics
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 10 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 28 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 13 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
26 min ago