Stanford professor to be ambassador to Russia
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- President Obama has chosen a Stanford professor as the next U.S. ambassador to Russia.
47-year-old political science professor Michael McFaul is a leading expert on U.S. - Russia relations. If he is confirmed by the Senate, he would be the first non-diplomat to hold the post in 30 years.
Mcfaul currently serves on the National Security Council and has been a key architect of President Obama's efforts to repair ties with Russia.
barack obama, senate, stanford university, palo alto, politics
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos