Pawlenty glitter bombed during book signing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty won't soon forget his visit to San Francisco.
Pawlenty was in town Thursday afternoon to attend a health insurance convention when he was "glitter bombed" by two members of the liberal activist group Code Pink.
At the time of the incident, Pawlenty was signing copies of his book "Courage to Stand."
One of the activists repeatedly asked Pawlenty where his courage was on issues such as gay rights and reproductive issues while dousing him in bright pink glitter.
Code Pink posted video of the incident on YouTube.
Pawlenty was one of several speakers at the American Health Insurance Plans convention, a trade group for the health insurance industry.
2012 presidential race, politics
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday