Pawlenty glitter bombed during book signing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty won't soon forget his visit to San Francisco.
Pawlenty was in town Thursday afternoon to attend a health insurance convention when he was "glitter bombed" by two members of the liberal activist group Code Pink.
At the time of the incident, Pawlenty was signing copies of his book "Courage to Stand."
One of the activists repeatedly asked Pawlenty where his courage was on issues such as gay rights and reproductive issues while dousing him in bright pink glitter.
Code Pink posted video of the incident on YouTube.
Pawlenty was one of several speakers at the American Health Insurance Plans convention, a trade group for the health insurance industry.
2012 presidential race, politics
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 57 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 26 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 1 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos