Pawlenty glitter bombed during book signing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty won't soon forget his visit to San Francisco.
Pawlenty was in town Thursday afternoon to attend a health insurance convention when he was "glitter bombed" by two members of the liberal activist group Code Pink.
At the time of the incident, Pawlenty was signing copies of his book "Courage to Stand."
One of the activists repeatedly asked Pawlenty where his courage was on issues such as gay rights and reproductive issues while dousing him in bright pink glitter.
Code Pink posted video of the incident on YouTube.
Pawlenty was one of several speakers at the American Health Insurance Plans convention, a trade group for the health insurance industry.
2012 presidential race, politics
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday