Pawlenty glitter bombed during book signing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty won't soon forget his visit to San Francisco.
Pawlenty was in town Thursday afternoon to attend a health insurance convention when he was "glitter bombed" by two members of the liberal activist group Code Pink.
At the time of the incident, Pawlenty was signing copies of his book "Courage to Stand."
One of the activists repeatedly asked Pawlenty where his courage was on issues such as gay rights and reproductive issues while dousing him in bright pink glitter.
Code Pink posted video of the incident on YouTube.
Pawlenty was one of several speakers at the American Health Insurance Plans convention, a trade group for the health insurance industry.
2012 presidential race, politics
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
22 min ago