Rep. Lynn Woolsey calls press conference
There are reports out that long-time Rep. Lynn Woolsey, D-Calif., may soon retire.
Woolsey has represented Marin and Sonoma counties for almost 20 years.
She announced a news conference for next Monday at her home in Petaluma. Her office will only say it is about her future plans, but The Press Democrat says sources indicate she will leave office at the end of her term in 2012.
Incidentally, the first draft of a redistricting map that will determine the state's new congressional boundaries showed Woolsey could lose her seat.
napa county, marin county, politics
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 11 min ago
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 45 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups 9 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos