Obama fined $200 by London traffic authority
LONDON (KGO) -- President Obama owes traffic authorities in London around $200 after his limosinue was slapped with a fine.
The president visited London in May and his motorcade caused a bit of a traffic congestion, which comes with a fee of $16 if the vehicle is driven downtown.
The U.S. Embassy in London claims diplomatic rules exempt Obama's motorcade from the fines.
American diplomats are said to owe London traffic authorities more than eight million pounds, or around $13 million, in unpaid congestion fees and fines.
traffic, europe, barack obama, politics
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 13 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
13 min ago