Obama fined $200 by London traffic authority
LONDON (KGO) -- President Obama owes traffic authorities in London around $200 after his limosinue was slapped with a fine.
The president visited London in May and his motorcade caused a bit of a traffic congestion, which comes with a fee of $16 if the vehicle is driven downtown.
The U.S. Embassy in London claims diplomatic rules exempt Obama's motorcade from the fines.
American diplomats are said to owe London traffic authorities more than eight million pounds, or around $13 million, in unpaid congestion fees and fines.
traffic, europe, barack obama, politics
- Firefighters forced to evacuate TI firehouse due to mold 1 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 15 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 33 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 25 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
25 min ago