APA provides new research on same-sex marriage
A group of psychologists believe states and the federal government should legalize same-sex marriage.
The American Psychological Association points to new research showing that marriage provides same-sex couples with the same sense of security, support and validation as it does for straight couples. But the National Organization for Marriage opposes same-sex marriage. That group claims there's no evidence to support the psychological association's findings.
lgbt, same sex marriage, politics
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday