Feinstein's campaign may be 'wiped out' by Durkee
Senator Dianne Feinstein says her campaign is among those that may have been wiped out by a Democratic campaign treasurer who faces federal fraud charges.
Feinstein says Kinde Durkee, of Burbank, managed the finances of many of her election campaigns since 1990. Durkee is accused of taking thousands of dollars from the campaigns of several elected officials in Southern California.
Feinstein's re-election campaign had about $5 million in the bank as of June 30 - her office is still looking into how much is missing. Durkee was arrested earlier this month and released on bail last.
dianne feinstein, politics
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos