Sarah Palin not running for president
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she will not run for president. Her announcement Wednesday left little doubt that the eventual Republican nominee will come from the current field of contenders.
Palin said in a statement that she and her husband Todd "devote ourselves to God, family and country." She said her decision maintains that order.
Palin was the 2008 GOP nominee for vice president. She often hinted that she might run for president in 2012 but never committed herself.
Her announcement came one day after New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said he would not run. Republican insiders say the field is set. It includes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
2012 presidential race, sarah palin, republicans, tea party, politics
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies 19 min ago
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized 41 min ago
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor 49 min ago
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu 48 min ago
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Blanco's 2-run triple in 7th helps Giants win, 4-2
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
48 min ago
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers,...
49 min ago