Sarah Palin not running for president
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she will not run for president. Her announcement Wednesday left little doubt that the eventual Republican nominee will come from the current field of contenders.
Palin said in a statement that she and her husband Todd "devote ourselves to God, family and country." She said her decision maintains that order.
Palin was the 2008 GOP nominee for vice president. She often hinted that she might run for president in 2012 but never committed herself.
Her announcement came one day after New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said he would not run. Republican insiders say the field is set. It includes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
2012 presidential race, sarah palin, republicans, tea party, politics
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 32 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
34 min ago