Pelosi targeted in '60 Minutes' investigation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is the target of a 60 Minutes investigation.
ABC News says Pelosi was recently questioned at a news conference about legislative actions she oversaw in 2008 that might have benefited her husband's stock investments.
60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft asked Pelosi whether it was a conflict of interest for she and her husband to participate in a large IPO deal from Visa at a time there was major legislation affecting credit card companies making its way through Congress.
Pelosi's husband had purchased between $1 million and $5 million in Visa stock earlier in the year.
Pelosi told Kroft, that day, that his story was false.
nancy pelosi, stocks, politics
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 54 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 23 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 3 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos