Pelosi targeted in '60 Minutes' investigation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is the target of a 60 Minutes investigation.
ABC News says Pelosi was recently questioned at a news conference about legislative actions she oversaw in 2008 that might have benefited her husband's stock investments.
60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft asked Pelosi whether it was a conflict of interest for she and her husband to participate in a large IPO deal from Visa at a time there was major legislation affecting credit card companies making its way through Congress.
Pelosi's husband had purchased between $1 million and $5 million in Visa stock earlier in the year.
Pelosi told Kroft, that day, that his story was false.
nancy pelosi, stocks, politics
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 1 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
1 min ago