Report: Ca. Democrats influenced redistricting committee
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Party leaders are firing back over a report that California's Congressional Democrats manipulated the state's redistricting process.
The report comes from the non-profit foundation ProPublica and says Democrats secretly influenced the independent citizens' panel that drew the state's new political districts.
According to the report, Democrats drew their ideal districts and presented maps to the panel through proxies.
The California Democratic Party chair John Burton told ABC7 that the "party didn't do this" and charged ProPublica didn't contact them before releasing the story.
So far, there has been no response from state Republican leaders.
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos