Pelosi takes light shot at Colbert's Super PAC
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi is out with a new web ad taking a tongue-in-cheek shot at Comedy Central host Stephen Colbert and his new Super PAC.
"Steve Colbert used to be my friend. I even signed the poor baby's cast when he hurt his hand, but since the day he started his Super PAC, taking secret money from special interests, he's been out of control," she says in the ad.
While light in nature, Pelosi is using the ad to promote the so-called "Disclose Act," which would require more transparency by Super PACs in terms of who their donors are.
Colbert is using his Super PAC, "Americans For a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow," to draw attention to the influence of the these new groups on the presidential race.
Super PACs came into being following two Supreme Court rulings in 2010 allowing them to accept donations of unlimited size.
nancy pelosi, talk show, television, politics
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party 35 min ago
- Juvenile bicyclist killed in collision in San Jose 57 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos