Romney holds fundraiser in Redwood Shores
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -- Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was in the Bay Area for a private fundraising event in Redwood Shores.
A reception for Romney is being held at the Hotel Sofitel San Francisco Bay, located at 223 Twin Dolphin Drive, according to event organizers. Tickets start at $1,000 per person and go as high as $25,000.
Several activist groups protested outside the 5:30 p.m. reception, including Occupy Redwood City, Raging Grannies and Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment.
Raging Grannies member Ruth Robertson said her group plans to adopt "billionaire personas" and stand outside the event starting at around 4 p.m. with signs mocking people who are driving in to attend.
Occupy protesters also attended the event.
Romney's chief rival for the Republican presidential nomination will be in the Bay Area on Thursday.
Rick Santorum is scheduled to attend a private fundraising event at the home of Mark and Becky Pine in Alamo, according to his campaign. Tickets range from $125 to $2,500. ABC7 News contributed to this report
mitt romney, redwood shores, elections, 2012 presidential race, politics
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 8 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 15 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter 40 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos