Romney holds fundraiser in Redwood Shores
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -- Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was in the Bay Area for a private fundraising event in Redwood Shores.
A reception for Romney is being held at the Hotel Sofitel San Francisco Bay, located at 223 Twin Dolphin Drive, according to event organizers. Tickets start at $1,000 per person and go as high as $25,000.
Several activist groups protested outside the 5:30 p.m. reception, including Occupy Redwood City, Raging Grannies and Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment.
Raging Grannies member Ruth Robertson said her group plans to adopt "billionaire personas" and stand outside the event starting at around 4 p.m. with signs mocking people who are driving in to attend.
Occupy protesters also attended the event.
Romney's chief rival for the Republican presidential nomination will be in the Bay Area on Thursday.
Rick Santorum is scheduled to attend a private fundraising event at the home of Mark and Becky Pine in Alamo, according to his campaign. Tickets range from $125 to $2,500. ABC7 News contributed to this report
mitt romney, redwood shores, elections, 2012 presidential race, politics
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 42 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd