Newsweek declares Obama '1st gay president'
Newsweek magazine's cover story on same-sex marriage is stirring some controversy. The cover shows President Barack Obama with a rainbow halo, declaring him the first gay president.
The magazine hit newsstands Monday, five days after the president declared that he's personally in favor of same-sex marriage. The article itself is written by Andrew Sullivan, a prominent political writer and outspoken member of the gay community.
The story delves into Obama's past and asserts that given his background, Obama's declaration should come as no surprise.
barack obama, same sex marriage, lgbt, politics
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 29 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday