Conservative group's campaign against Harvey Milk Day
A conservative political action group called Save California is running a media campaign this weekend against Harvey Milk Day.
Save California is urging parents to keep their kids home on Tuesday, when many school districts dedicate at least some of the day to classes about the gay rights pioneer.
But Save California's head says students shouldn't be forced to participate without written parental consent.
It's the second year California has held a day honoring Milk, California's first openly gay elected office holder.
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- BART makes no progress on contract talks 11 min ago
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
20 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos