Conservative group's campaign against Harvey Milk Day
A conservative political action group called Save California is running a media campaign this weekend against Harvey Milk Day.
Save California is urging parents to keep their kids home on Tuesday, when many school districts dedicate at least some of the day to classes about the gay rights pioneer.
But Save California's head says students shouldn't be forced to participate without written parental consent.
It's the second year California has held a day honoring Milk, California's first openly gay elected office holder.
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday