No rest for Obama and Romney on 4th of July
Despite the Fourth of July holiday, President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney aren't taking the day off.
The latest Gallup poll shows President Obama has a sustained lead over Romney for the first time since April. He leads Romney 48 percent to 44 percent in the poll. For the past two months, the candidates have been essentially tied.
Today the president will be at the White House. He comes back from Camp David this morning and he'll speak at a naturalization ceremony for active duty service members. Tonight, President Obama and the first lady are hosting a BBQ, concert and fireworks on the south lawn.
Mitt Romney has been on vacation with his family at his home in New England and has been jet skiing. He'll take a break from the lake today to march in the local Independence Day parade. Yesterday, Romney and aides were busy with their search for a vice president. Tomorrow, President Obama will begin a two day campaign bus tour in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
4th of july event, barack obama, mitt romney, 2012 presidential race, 4th of july, politics
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 33 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 9 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 47 min ago
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 105-83 in West finals opener
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 10 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos