No rest for Obama and Romney on 4th of July
Despite the Fourth of July holiday, President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney aren't taking the day off.
The latest Gallup poll shows President Obama has a sustained lead over Romney for the first time since April. He leads Romney 48 percent to 44 percent in the poll. For the past two months, the candidates have been essentially tied.
Today the president will be at the White House. He comes back from Camp David this morning and he'll speak at a naturalization ceremony for active duty service members. Tonight, President Obama and the first lady are hosting a BBQ, concert and fireworks on the south lawn.
Mitt Romney has been on vacation with his family at his home in New England and has been jet skiing. He'll take a break from the lake today to march in the local Independence Day parade. Yesterday, Romney and aides were busy with their search for a vice president. Tomorrow, President Obama will begin a two day campaign bus tour in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
4th of july event, barack obama, mitt romney, 2012 presidential race, 4th of july, politics
- Pedestrian hit by tour bus on Market Street in SF 2 min ago
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 34 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 31 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos