No rest for Obama and Romney on 4th of July
Despite the Fourth of July holiday, President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney aren't taking the day off.
The latest Gallup poll shows President Obama has a sustained lead over Romney for the first time since April. He leads Romney 48 percent to 44 percent in the poll. For the past two months, the candidates have been essentially tied.
Today the president will be at the White House. He comes back from Camp David this morning and he'll speak at a naturalization ceremony for active duty service members. Tonight, President Obama and the first lady are hosting a BBQ, concert and fireworks on the south lawn.
Mitt Romney has been on vacation with his family at his home in New England and has been jet skiing. He'll take a break from the lake today to march in the local Independence Day parade. Yesterday, Romney and aides were busy with their search for a vice president. Tomorrow, President Obama will begin a two day campaign bus tour in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
4th of july event, barack obama, mitt romney, 2012 presidential race, 4th of july, politics
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 15 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos