No rest for Obama and Romney on 4th of July
Despite the Fourth of July holiday, President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney aren't taking the day off.
The latest Gallup poll shows President Obama has a sustained lead over Romney for the first time since April. He leads Romney 48 percent to 44 percent in the poll. For the past two months, the candidates have been essentially tied.
Today the president will be at the White House. He comes back from Camp David this morning and he'll speak at a naturalization ceremony for active duty service members. Tonight, President Obama and the first lady are hosting a BBQ, concert and fireworks on the south lawn.
Mitt Romney has been on vacation with his family at his home in New England and has been jet skiing. He'll take a break from the lake today to march in the local Independence Day parade. Yesterday, Romney and aides were busy with their search for a vice president. Tomorrow, President Obama will begin a two day campaign bus tour in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
4th of july event, barack obama, mitt romney, 2012 presidential race, 4th of july, politics
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos