President Obama set to make another Bay Area visit
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Details were released this week of yet another planned visit to the Bay Area by President Barack Obama as he tries to raise money for his re-election campaign.
Obama is scheduled to make at least two fundraising stops in the East Bay on July 23 -- the president's third visit to the Bay Area in two months.
The president will attend a large reception at the Fox Theater in Oakland that is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m., with tickets starting at $250, according to campaign officials.
Obama will also attend a small fundraiser earlier that day at the Piedmont home of Quinn Delaney and Wayne Jordan.
The president's supporters this week kicked off a statewide tour to highlight how they say his policies are helping Californians.
The "Betting on California" tour started Tuesday with an event in Oakland, and will also feature a news conference on Thursday at San Francisco City Hall, where local politicians and labor leaders will discuss how Obama has aided middle-class families, according to campaign officials.
Participants in Thursday's 10 a.m. news conference will include state Sen. Leland Yee, state Assemblyman Jerry Hill, Board of Supervisors President David Chiu, and Tim Paulson, executive director of the San Francisco Labor Council.
barack obama, politics
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill 51 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Researchers use 3D printing to model organs
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos