Tauscher lends endorsement to Stark's opponent
Former East Bay Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher is turning away from her longtime colleague and endorsing his opponent.
Tauscher is throwing her support to Democrat Eric Swalwell in his run for Congress against incumbent Pete Stark.
Swalwell is a Dublin city councilmember and deputy district attorney in Hayward. Ten years ago he interned in Tauscher's congressional office in Washington, D.C.
Stark has served in Congress for nearly 40 years. He has the endorsement of every current member of the Bay Area congressional delegation.
fremont, elections, livermore, dublin, politics
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 58 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 43 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 7 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 4 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 47 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 11 min ago
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
58 min ago