Tauscher lends endorsement to Stark's opponent
Former East Bay Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher is turning away from her longtime colleague and endorsing his opponent.
Tauscher is throwing her support to Democrat Eric Swalwell in his run for Congress against incumbent Pete Stark.
Swalwell is a Dublin city councilmember and deputy district attorney in Hayward. Ten years ago he interned in Tauscher's congressional office in Washington, D.C.
Stark has served in Congress for nearly 40 years. He has the endorsement of every current member of the Bay Area congressional delegation.
fremont, elections, livermore, dublin, politics
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos