Tauscher lends endorsement to Stark's opponent
Former East Bay Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher is turning away from her longtime colleague and endorsing his opponent.
Tauscher is throwing her support to Democrat Eric Swalwell in his run for Congress against incumbent Pete Stark.
Swalwell is a Dublin city councilmember and deputy district attorney in Hayward. Ten years ago he interned in Tauscher's congressional office in Washington, D.C.
Stark has served in Congress for nearly 40 years. He has the endorsement of every current member of the Bay Area congressional delegation.
fremont, elections, livermore, dublin, politics
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 10 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos