Congressman apologizes for naked swim
Republican Kansas Congressman Kevin Yoder is apologizing for any embarrassment caused by his naked swim during a trip to Israel last summer.
ABC News has confirmed that Yoder was among 30 lawmakers and staff who swam at the Sea of Galilee, that's the place where the bible says Jesus walked on water.
Yoder released this statement to Politico: "After dinner I followed some members of congress in a spontaneous and very brief dive into the sea and regrettably I jumped in the water without a swimsuit."
congress, republicans, politics
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record 28 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 36 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 2 min ago
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday