Congressman apologizes for naked swim
Republican Kansas Congressman Kevin Yoder is apologizing for any embarrassment caused by his naked swim during a trip to Israel last summer.
ABC News has confirmed that Yoder was among 30 lawmakers and staff who swam at the Sea of Galilee, that's the place where the bible says Jesus walked on water.
Yoder released this statement to Politico: "After dinner I followed some members of congress in a spontaneous and very brief dive into the sea and regrettably I jumped in the water without a swimsuit."
congress, republicans, politics
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case